My “very old” bike is a Claude Butler Levante which I’ve had since mid-August 2006, and on which I had done around 9750 miles before I replaced it with…
…My “old” bike, which is a Cube Axial WLS Comp 2009 that I’ve had since Spring 2009, and it rocked but…everything has been replaced at least twice so I bought…
…My “new” bike, which is a custom built Cinelli Saetta, with Ultegra groupset, shorter cranks, handbuilt wheels…
SADLY my beautiful bike was stolen in Spring 2017. I do have a replacement, which is very lovely, but that’s all I’m going to say about it, as youngest is worried we’ll be targeted again…
My current cycling kit is as follows:
- Helmet : Giro Indicator in Black/Pewter – my fourth one – I’ve cracked three (but not my head!) and swear by them 🙂 For summer, courtesy of the lovely people at Madison, I have a Giro Saros helmet. Then I upgraded and got a Giro Aeon :).
- Scarf: various assorted Buffs.
- Hat: Rapha Winter Hat – can’t believe I never used hats before and wouldn’t be without it now!
- Sunglasses: BBB Winner Team Edition which rock.
- Shrug: Terry Bolero black fleece lined shrug (beats arm warmers every time!). YMX Bolero which is more lightweight and very fabulous.
- Jerseys – many and varied! Rapha Condor Sharp Team Issue Winter Jersey in black. Rapha long sleeved jersey in blue. Rapha Etape Acte s/s jersey. Rapha Galibier s/s jersey (hey, I’ve done it, I’m entitled). Cyclosport s/s top and gilet. Etc. Etc…
- Jacket: Gore Bike Wear Contest SO Women’s Cycling Jacket in blue/white
- Tights: Gore Ladies Sportive Windstopper Tights with Pad in black.
- Shorts: Pearl Izumi Symphony Short with blue trim, and Rapha Women’s shorts.
- Gloves: Rapha GB gloves in blue (which replaced my beloved but broken Rapha Grand Tour mitts) in the summer; Planet X Winter Cycling gloves in winter, obviously! And Defeet Dura gloves as over gloves for chilly descents and in-between days
- Socks: Defeet Woolie Boolies. Various summer socks.
- Overshoes – Pro Tarmac H20 Overshoes – even better than the Endura ones I used to swear by.
- Base layer from Rapha.